Tamil superstar Arya is making his debut in Kannada with Anup Bhandari’s Rajaratham and what prompted him to instantly agree over a 5min telephonic narrative is that he became a fan of Rangitaranga when he watched it in a theatre when it released in Chennai. He immediately got in touch with Sudhakar Bhandary who is the father of Anup and congratulated him. When Anup started working on Rajaratham’s script, he approached Arya who was participating in a Cycle Rally happening at London then. Few might already know that Arya is a cycling fanatic so he had to complete 1400kms in mere 4.5 days with limited rest. So whenever he used to take 10-15mins break is when Arya got a brief about his role in Rajaratham. Without any second thoughts Arya said “Ok brother, I’m interested in this” and shared his dates with the team. Many don’t know that Arya hails from Kanjangad/Trikaripur (according to wiki) town, Kasaragod district which is close to Mangalore and was part of yesteryears Karnataka. Later he moved to Chennai and rest is history with all the blockbusters that he was part of - Bala’s Naan Kaduvul, AL Vijay’s Madrasapattinam, Atlee’s Raja Rani and many more. He’s currently busy with Sangamithra a big budget ?lm directed by C Sundar. Rajaratham is a rom-com musical starring Nirup Bhandari, Avantika Shetty, P Ravishankar directed & written by Rangitaranga director Anup Bhandari, produced by Jollyhits team Anju Vallabhaneni, Vishu Dakappagari, Sathish Sastry and Ajay Reddy Gollapalli.?
Award List for Rangitaranga
• Winner of 8 IIFA awards including best ?lm. Anup Bhandari won 3 awards out of it – Best Director, Best Music Director and Best Lyricist
• Winner of 4 FilmFare awards including best ?lm and best director
• Nominated in 7 out of 9 categories in SIIMA awards including Nirup Bhandari as best debutant actor. Won 4 Awards, of which Anup Bhandari won 2 Awards, Best Debutant Director & Best Lyrics.
• One of the 305 ?lms short listed for Oscar nominations 2016
• Anup Bhandari won the Karnataka State award for best direction in a debut feature ?lm